Let's discuss how you’re neglecting your skin.
When is the last time you took time to thank your skin?! Do you know how much it does for you?
It protects you from germzz, UV rays, people, and… frogs.
Seriously, our skin doesn’t get enough credit for all that it provides.
One way your can show your appreciation is to take time to consider the products you apply to it. This doesn’t have cost you a million dollars either.
And chances are you have this one skin-saving ingredient in your kitchen right now (especially if you’re a tea addict like me).
That ingredient is… *drum roll*
Not impressed? Ok, that’s fair but let me share some of honey’s magical properties and benefits:
- It’s a germ killer. Honey has natural antiseptic properties meaning it’s capable of killing many of the bacteria that can cause breakouts.
- It keeps you moist (Ok, That sounds disgusting 🤢). Honey is a natural humectant. Humectant is just a fancy way of saying that it attracts water (aka moisture) to the skin, leaving you with plump, baby-soft skin.
- Ex-Foliation. Honey has natural exfoliating properties. Exfoliation is the process of removing dead skin, revealing the clearer, brighter skin underneath.
- Wound Healer. Honey can assist with speeding up your skin’s ability to heal, making it perfect for spot treatments for gnarly surprise pimples or any other damaged areas on your skin.
- Hair Conditioner (?!). Honey’s incredible moisturizing properties apply to your hair as well. Due to its humectant properties (see above), it attracts and RETAINS moisture in your hair strands. A must for us curly heads.
These are just a few of the incredible benefits of honey for your skin (and hair). Before you rush to the kitchen and slather yourself in honey, let me put out a few disclaimers. Many of these properties are only found in raw, organic honey. Most of the processed *aka cheap* honey you’ll find are stripped of their micro and macronutrients so you’ll want to make sure the honey you use is organic (free of pesticides and other toxins) and raw (purest form) *full of antioxidants and enzymes responsible for its magic*
Not much of a DIYer? Or prefer to skip the mess?
Be sure to follow MMH on Instagram for frequent updates and holistic lifestyle tips!